Today we are making garlic buttered chicken with lemon zest zucchini noodles, this will allow you to beat those pasta cravings without breaking the diet.
Zucchini noodles are a great substitute for pasta that gives us a similar texture of normal pasta without the insulin spikes
so here is what you do to make this yummy dish,
first, you will need a vegetable spiralizer which you will use to turn the zucchini into its noodle form also called a zoodles. These can be found on the recommendation page Here.
Garlic Chicken & Lemon Zest Zucchini Noodles (Serves 2)
- 2 6-8oz Chicken Breast
- Seasoning of your choice for chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic for chicken
- 3 tbsp butter for Chicken
- 2 fresh lemons
- 3 large Zucchinis
- 2 tbsp butter for Zoodles
- 1 tsp of minced garlic for zoodles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, lay out a large flat baking sheet and place a layer or two of paper towels on top then you will get 3 large zucchinis and put them through the spiralizer. Next, add the now zoodles on top of the paper towels, then add dashes of salt on top and cover that with another layer of paper towels and softly pat down, this will help suck out the moisture of the zoodles giving them a texture similar to pasta, then let it sit while you cook the chicken
- Next, wash and pat dry your 2 chicken breasts, then add the seasoning of your choice including one teaspoon of minced garlic, then place a large pan over medium-high heat and add 3 tablespoons of grass fed butter, next gently lay in the chicken, let it cook until it has turned into a golden brown then flip them over and do the same, once the chicken is fully cooked you can set them aside in a covered bowl.
- Then using the same pan you will lightly saute the zoodles, you can add another 2 tablespoons of butter also. Once on the pan squeeze a full lemon on top, then add a bit more garlic and salt and pepper to taste, then continue moving the zoodles for another 3 or so minutes.
- Once the Zoodles are tender serve onto two large plates and add your now cooked garlic buttered chicken breast, then sprinkle some more lemon on top and wala you have a yummy low carb version of pasta!!