Today we are making the ultimate keto salad Full full of healthy fats, good protein and micronutrients to fuel your engine!
This is a healthy and absolutely delicious salad that you can have at work for lunch or even for dinner.
easy to make and your free to change the ingredients as long as the key ingredients are used and those are the MCT Oil, Pili Nuts, Avocados and any Protein used is cooked in Grass-fed Butter and Extra virgin Olive oil.
So here is what you need to make one ultimate keto salad
Ultimate Keto Salad (Serves 1)
Ingredients for Protein
5 – 8 oz boneless chicken breast or Steak
2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 strips of Bacon
Ingredients for Salad
- Big Bowl with Bed of mixed Greens
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small tomato – chopped
- 1 celery stick – chopped
- 1/2 Cucumber – sliced
- 1/2 cup cheese – Feta, Colby Jack or blue cheese
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 hand-full of Pili Nuts
- Dressing of your choice – Vinaigrette, Chipotle-lime or Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 tbsp of MCT oil
- 1/2 squeezed lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, you will get your protein, you can choose from steak or chicken then place on medium high heat and pan fry in Grass fed buttered and extra virgin olive oil.
- While that cooks set up a big bowl with a bed of mixed leafy greens like spinach, arugula, kale or lettuce and then add shredded carrots, next thinly chop a small tomato and one celery stick and add them to the mix.
- Follow that with slicing half a cucumber and lay it on top. Next, add some cheese for extra flavor, you can choose from feta cheese to pepper or Colby jack or even blue cheese if you like it.
- Then slice half of an avocado and lay it on and lastly add a handful of pill nuts which are great sources of healthy fats that give an added yummy texture to your ultimate keto salad.
- Next add your dressing you can either make your own or simply go with a savory vinaigrette, a chipotle lime or even a ranch dressing. Once added mix all the ingredients together in your big bowl.
- Then, once the protein of your choice is cooked and ready you can chop the chicken or steak, then crisp the bacon and add all proteins to the salad.
- And we will finish this salad with a drizzle of 1/2 a tablespoon of MCT oil, and half of a squeezed lime then add few dashes of salt and pepper to taste.
Plus it tastes amazing, who said salads have to be boring well they certainly are not on a keto lifestyle!
You can make this salad the night before and take it to work the next day, simply place your protein in a plastic bag to reheat on your lunch break and wait to add the dressing until you’re ready to eat
I don’t know about you but to me, this sounds like the best diet to stick to!