Burn It Nutrition Podcast
Learn the different methods of applying the Keto Lifestyle
from SKD, CKD, TKD to the Calorie Restricted ketogenic Diet
plus the Modified version in 5th Stage Keto
Show notes for Episode #13
We will learn the ways many modify the ketogenic diet and how it helps a diverse group of people.
Learn the benefits and methods of applying the Standard Ketogenic diet as well as the Cyclical and Targeted Ketogenic diet
Plus we learn about the Calorie Restricted Ketogenic diet used as a therapy for certain Cancers
We also go over UCAN Superstarch and how it can help elite athletes using the Target Ketogenic diet.
And we close this episode full of golden nuggets with the method of keto used in 5th Stage Keto, which I have found is the most sustainable and effective method to a Body Transformation.
We also learn how to make Keto Chicken Soup! An easy family dish we make with a slow cooker, which is a must have for any family.
I hope you enjoy the show!!
The Burn it Nutrition Podcast is a show focused on health and fitness with the use of sound and stories to help illustrate the message. We want to help spark body transformations with the use of strategic methods for weight loss. This podcast will be releasing fun and interesting shows, that will be informative and motivational to help you reach your goals!
The show is hosted by Joseph Navarro, who went through his own transformation, Losing 60lbs of pure fat in 7 Months. Tune in and brace yourself for it’s time to let it Burn!!
Timed Stamp Show Notes
03:41 = The Diversity of the Keto Family
07:17 = The Grand-daddy of them all, the Standard Ketogenic Diet (SKD)
10:20 = The list of the health Benefits of SKD is long and impressive
16:36 = A look into the Calorie Restricted Ketogenic Diet as a possible tool to fight back against Cancer & how Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers can be used to further weaken cancer cells
23:38 = The Cyclical Ketogenic diet for muscle Gains or as long-term lifestyle
28:54 = My N=1 Experiment into Targeted Keto
39:45 = A Breakdown of the Modified Ketogenic diet used in 5th Stage Keto
43:23 = Recipe for the day! We make Keto Chicken Soup! An easy family dish with a slow cooker
45:39 = Closing thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
I want to thank you for taking the time to listen to our podcast.
If you know of anyone who can benefit from hearing this podcast, then please share it. Share it by using our social media buttons for this episode. Be the one who helps spark a transformation in your family!
Also, please leave us a review on the iTunes Burn it Nutrition Podcast page!
Every review helps us get noticed by iTunes so that we can help more people reach their health and weight loss goals. I would be truly grateful for this, and I do make sure to read every single one.
If you have some feedback that you’d like to share, them please send me an email to info@BurnitNutrition.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, so you don’t miss another episode!
If you want help starting your transformation, then get our 120-page step-by-step guide with the methods I used to drop 60lbs of pure fat in 7 months.
Resources & References for this Episode:
- https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12986-016-0069-y – Study on Exogenous Ketones
- Poff AM, Ari C, Seyfried TN, D’Agostino DP (2013) The Ketogenic Diet and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Prolong Survival in Mice with Systemic Metastatic Cancer. PLoS ONE 8(6): e65522.
- https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-4-5 -Study on a Calorie Restricted Ketogenic Diet for Cancer
- https://www.hyperbariclink.com/Home.aspx#.WPjsaNLyuUk – Info On Hyperbaric Treatment Centers
- http://www.rsg1foundation.com/ – Keto Oncology Consulting and Info
- https://www.jci.org/articles/view/69600 – Study on Glutamine and its effects on Cancer
- https://nutritionandmetabolism.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1743-7075-2-34 – Study on the effects of Keto on Type 2 Diabetes
- Lv, Mengmeng et al. “Roles of Caloric Restriction, Ketogenic Diet and Intermittent Fasting during Initiation, Progression and Metastasis of Cancer in Animal Models: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” Ed. Guillermo López Lluch. PLoS ONE 9.12 (2014): e115147. PMC. Web. 12 Apr. 2017.
- Ortiz, Lourdes, et al. “Transcriptional control of the forkhead thyroid transcription factor TTF-2 by thyrotropin, insulin, and insulin-like growth factor I.” Journal of Biological Chemistry 272.37 (1997): 23334-23339.
- Quinones, Manuel D., “Effect of Modified Corn Starch Ingestion on Soccer Skills and Physical/Cognitive Performance During a Simulated Soccer Game” (2016). Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository. 4056.
- Bhattacharya K, Orton RC, Qi X, et al. A novel starch for the treatment of glycogen storage diseases. J Inherit Metab Dis 2007;30:350-7.
- Westerterp, Klaas R. “Diet Induced Thermogenesis.” Nutrition & Metabolism 1 (2004): 5. PMC. Web. 13 Apr. 2017.
- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16002798 – Study on Protein and its effects in reducing hunger